Totally Gospel News
N F T A JOB OPPORTUNITY NOTICE - RECRUITER
February 1, 2022
DEPARTMENT: HUMAN RESOURCES
This position will work together with the Recruitment & Professional Development Specialist to develop and implement recruitment strategies designed to meet the goals of the Authorities’ hiring process in accordance with the Authorities Affirmative Action Plan. This position will also be responsible for advertisement, job postings, job related social media, job fairs, university relationships and related outreach. This position sets recruitment measurements and distributes all job vacancies. This position builds healthy relationships with the internal Directors, Managers, Supervisors, and external recruitment vendors. Work is performed with considerable independent judgment and initiative under the Supervision of the Director of Human Resources and will be educated and cross-trained in other aspects of HR.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
· Establishes recruiting requirements by studying the organizations plans and objectives.
· Meets with Directors and Managers to identify staffing needs.
· Schedules, coordinates, and participates in interviews with the hiring manager.
· Develops relationships with applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employments agencies, recruiters, media, and internets sites; Improves organization attractiveness by providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits.
· Conducts periodic evaluation of the recruitment process to ensure that job competencies, job descriptions, candidate testing, selection screening tools and interview questions are inclusive and consistent with the Industry and Authorities best practice.
· Manages job offers of employment, license checks, background checks, reference checks and rejection letters within company policy.
· Facilitates pre-employment testing.
· Review and administer job specifications, competencies and skills required.
· Review resumes and credentials for qualifications of skills, knowledge, and experience.
· Works closely with labor relations in accordance to filling vacancies according to union contracts.
· Develops and manages applicant tracking system.
· Prepares and administers the yearly recruitment plan and budget.
· Ensures regulatory aspects of the full cycle recruitment process is compliant with federal and state legislation.
· Performs a variety of other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff. Interview skills, leadership skills, analytical and training skills. Well organized, flexible and enjoys meeting and interacting
with people. Excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal, and written communication skills in order to make presentations, obtain information and prepare reports.
A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field, human resources focus preferred. Two (2) years of experience in recruiting, staffing, managing applicant data bases, knowledge of relevant employment laws. Experience in union and non-union settings preferred. Passing qualifying skills tests may be required.
Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10 pounds).
Work is performed in usual office conditions with rare exposure to disagreeable environmental factors.
Send NFTA employment application located at jobs.nfta.com, resume and cover letter specifying the job number 015-22-N to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: February 22, 2022
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer